What is Coaching?
Coaching is a supportive personal service characterized by:
- nonjudgmental listening
- asking significant and powerful questions
- providing crucial feedback
- the belief that the client has the answers within himself/herself
- focus on a client driven agenda
- coach as facilitator and resource.
Coaching is NOT therapy and is not a substitute for therapy
Who is Best Served By Coaching?
Coaching is for people who are in a comfortable place and want support as they move forward in their personal or professional growth. The focus of coaching often involves:
- reflecting on, and clarifying goals, dreams, and aspirations
- creating an action plan to move towards those goals, dreams & aspirations
- committing to that action plan
- reprioritizing and aligning actions/action plan with beliefs and values
- facilitating awareness of barriers and enabling factors
- addressing life balance issues that may be presenting barriers to success